[svlug] svlug Digest, Vol 423, Issue 8

Chaiken, Alison alison at she-devel.com
Mon Nov 9 19:48:35 PST 2015

(Mark - Syminet)

> Considering sysV logging replacement, etc. -
>
> ...will we lose things like lsof and fuser too?

Here

http://she-devel.com/LISA15/LISA15_systemd.pdf

are slides from the half-day class on systemd I presented at USENIX/LISA
today.    In the slides or in systemd's copious on-line or man-page
documentation, you might learn that many distributions will augment
systemd-journal with syslog.   If your distribution in fact replaced
syslog with systemd-journal, you could get it back by changing one line
of an /etc configuration file.   However, if you actually tried using
journalctl after reading 'journalctl --help', you might find that you
prefer it.

Your question about lsof and fuser makes no sense.    Please consider
informing yourself about new software before deciding that you hate it.

Best wishes,

Alison

---
Alison Chaiken                      alison at she-devel.com, 650-279-5600
http://{ she-devel.com, exerciseforthereader.org [1] }
"There is expressive potential in not being together." -- Mark Volkert,
Assistant Concertmaster, San Francisco Symphony

Links:
------
[1] http://{she-devel.com,exerciseforthereader.org