[svlug] Grub2 dual boot Linux

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Nov 3 14:27:54 PST 2015

On Tue, 03 Nov 2015 13:47:11 -0800
Michael Eager <eager at eagerm.com> wrote:

> When I reboot, the workstation boots back to the old Fedora 18
> system, with no menu entry for the new F22 system.  I ran
> grub2-install and it updated grub2.cfg with the F22 install,
> using os-prober.

To generalize the problem a little more: I hate grub2 as much as I
liked grub1. It's a huge mistake-prone mess to achieve what should
be a rather confined task. I'd just use LILO, except no GPT support.
And I hear eLilo is unmaintained.

I don't want, and have no use for, splash screens or pretty colors.

Anyone having good luck with busybox bootloader or other bootloaders?

And if so, what's the best source of documentation for the bootloader
you use?

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist