[svlug] Fix to locking oneself out of /etc/sudoers with Ubuntu 14.04

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun Jun 14 20:14:10 PDT 2015

On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 17:33:22 -0700
Jesse Monroy <jesse650 at gmail.com> wrote:

> In some circumstances, the 'think tank' at ubuntu decided to go
> directly into graphics mode and by pass any prompts. You can get into
> your computer, but not get to root level.
>
> They assume users will comply and use their frail tool chain.

This is why I migrated away from Ubuntu. I like to boot to a Virtual
Terminal, and then run startx if I want GUI. Ubuntu made that a
challenge.

<humor>So I migrated to Debian, who instantly voted to make systemd the
default.</humor>

I'm still using Debian Wheezy with sysvinit, but I'll soon migrate to
either Manjaro-OpenRC or Devuan. Either way, I'll probably init with
Epoch, runit or s6.

And I'll boot to a virtual terminal :-)

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2015 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key