[svlug] Won't boot systemd update...

Scott DuBois rhcom.linux at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 16:32:44 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 01:52:30PM -0800, Michael Robinson wrote:
> I'm building on real hardware because I intend to NFS root mount this
> system for backup and restoration purposes.  I don't know if building
> in a VM is an option when using the system on real hardware is my goal.

Using a VM is a good way to get the bugs out when figuring things out the first
time. I use both VM's and VPS for all kinds of lab work. Then, when I have a
'fool proof' list of directions, I go for bare metal.

Ultimately, it's _your_ project, do what you want. No one wants to see you go
through a lot of unnecessary headache though. There is also the concept of
placing yourself in a position where _your_ unnecessary headache gets brought
into the mailing list looking for solutions to unnecessarty problems if the
project had been resolved in a 'lab' environment first; that's all.

If you at least 'consider' Rick's advice before progressing any farther on
_this_ particular project, you may find way of solving your problems that aren't
available with the way you are currently going about it. Get those issues ironed
out with the available tools, then go back to the bare metal and try again. You
might have better results.

--
EFF ID: 1731778

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has limits."
-- Einstein