[svlug] Android Imaging

Scott DuBois rhcom.linux at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 20:02:28 PST 2015

Well, my Android tablet finally kicked the bucket. My son was pulling his
regular marathon on it and it just got stuck at the Acer splash screen. I tried
a couple of reboots and that was all I could get out of it.

So, I read a few forums and did the Power, Vol+, Lock Switch bit and that didn't
solve it so I then found some update.zip files and I'm attempting the Power,
Vol- load from Micro SD bit.

I have a dead android on the screen with his belly open and a red exclamation
point just over a blue progress bar that has made it about 25% across but now
seems stalled some 30min later. One forum says it takes anywhere from an hour or
two for the process to work but that seems like a long time.

Anyone go through this once already?

It's an Acer A500 that came with Honeycomb originally then was able to upgrade
to ICS 4.0.1 before it couldn't upgrade any farther. The box is long gone and I
don't have any more data than that unfortunately.

I'm considering just getting a new tab but I'd like to save this one if at all
possible if for nothing else just to tinker with on a 'rooted' level.
--
EFF ID: 1731778

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has limits."
-- Einstein