[svlug] No wrap <span>?

Jesse Monroy jesse650 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 19:19:32 PST 2015

Steve,
serendipity is when this happy collide.

I've been working on a similar problem for years.
Never happy with what HTML4 has.
As it turns out what I'm looking for has been there
and combined wiht HTML5 CSS3, I'm happy
This happened just minutes ago, just after message arrived.

My CSS class is
.code {white-space:pre;font-family:monospace;margin:0
1.5em;padding:1em 0.5em;background:#eeeeee;overflow:auto;}

* overflow:auto - adds a scroll bar when the content does not fit in
the container.

I just finished the documentation for the LEDs on the Arduino Yun.
It's very mobile friendly.
http://codesnippets.altervista.org/documentation/yun/leds/leds.html
http://codesnippets.altervista.org/documentation/yun/index.html

My favorite reference is Sizzling HTML Jalfrezi http://www.jalfrezi.com/

When I know the element, but unsure of the parameters I use w3schools
http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_text_white-space.asp
When I want more technical detail I go to Mozilla:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/white-space
or
http://reference.sitepoint.com/css/white-space

If you want the nasty details, Peter Paul Kosh is the person to see.

http://quirksmode.org/css/text/whitespace.html

Jesse