[svlug] This mess is surely a conspiracy, my brain hurts and I don't like complexity or live long and prosper

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Sun Jan 18 21:27:48 PST 2015

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 08:49:29PM -0800, Scott DuBois wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 04:53:15AM +0000, Karen Shaeffer wrote:
> > A fascinating look into the mind of AE is here:
> >
> > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0806527900/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687562&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0486470105&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0YDHQG47BG5A99VVHMZ2
> >
> > "The World As I See It, published in 1931 by AE, is a free flowing discussion of
> > AE's view of the world, and having nothing to do with his technical work. I found
> > that book to be well worth reading. Fascinating actually.
>
> Thanks for this. $3.99 for Kindle, just added to my collection of reading that
> will take me approximately the next 20 years to get through. =)

Hi Scott,
Oh, put that book on top of your list. It is a fascinating look into one of
humanity's most brilliant minds -- and in AE's own words. He doesn't shy
away from any subject, including his views on religion, science, governments,
war, and his notion of a worthy life as examples. One of the things that
struck me is how he uses the language to communicate. You have never read
anything even close to his unique style of writing. His brilliance is
embedded within the style and form of his use of the language.

(smiles ;)
Karen
--
Karen Shaeffer                 Be aware: If you see an obstacle in your path,
Neuralscape Services           that obstacle is your path.        Zen proverb