[svlug] Inits

Jesse Monroy jesse650 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 22:00:32 PST 2015

On 1/17/15, Michael Eager <eager at eagercon.com> wrote:
> On 01/17/15 18:56, Jesse Monroy wrote:
>> Which leads me to predict that the next large increase in computing
>> will NOT be on the silicon - but in using multiple cores. Which is where
>> the need for an "event-driven" OS will be.
>
> So when do you think Intel will start shipping multi-core processors?

LOL. I guess if I open my mouth I should be clear. Intel already ships
multi-core processors.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-core_processor

I should say, "multiple core processors will be available for every person."
We're almost there. Android is shipping multi-core mobile devices,
but they'll remain in limited quantity and use until the become widely
adopted.

At this point a few of you might thing about that (clear throat) laptop
thing - called Android Laptop. Yes, those are multi-core, but they are
crude at best.

IF you must ask, think Iron Man suits running multi-cores.

To be as clear as I can on this, Monolith architecture is on it's way
out. Protocol will be important for the next few years - especially
as we sweep away the current excuses for INIT.

> Where are we going to find an "event-driven" OS?

Your guess is as good as mine. Too many variables, but definitely in
our lifetime (if you under 55).

Jesse