[svlug] ubuntu 14.04 where are the wifi tables stored?

Rick Moen rick at svlug.org
Sat Jan 17 01:11:22 PST 2015

Jesse Monroy wrote:

> thanks for making my point for me.

Yeah, Ubuntu and GNOME do make the identities of constituent apps and
utilites non-obvious.  But the question you should be asking yourself is:
Do I want to succeed in getting help, or not?

It's rare to stumble across a helper willing to research app names you didn't
bother to find out and include.  It worked this time because I knew
roughly what you were working with (despite being a user of neither Ubuntu
nor GNOME), and looked up the rest.  Most of the time, though, you're likely
to hear silence.

I suggested one way to avoid that.  Might want to give that a try.