[svlug] ubuntu 14.04 where are the wifi tables stored?

Jesse Monroy jesse650 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 23:48:10 PST 2015

On 1/17/15, Rick Moen <rick at svlug.org> wrote:
> Jesse Monroy wrote:
>
>> ubuntu 14.04 where are the wifi tables stored?
> [...]
>:::SNIP::::
>
> Speaking of distros, a suggestion:  In the future, it might be best to
> determine what application you're inquiring about, and specificy it, so
> that
> you are not limiting your help request to be addressed to only users of one
> specific distribution.  E.g., I don't use Ubuntu, _but_ because I knew you
> were actually trying to ask about NetworkManager, I was able to look up the
> information you needed.  But you would have reached a larger pool of
> helpers
> if you'd been able to say 'Where does NetworkManager store its list of
> known
> wifi connection data?'  Thus my point.

Rick,
it's good point, and I certainly an aware of using shoddy documentation.
However, as is quite common for Ubuntu and a few other distros, they
become moving targets, mostly for reason not of their own doing.
(I expect to find as much in this case.)

My point being, If I had a clue about where to look I'd start there,
but as both yourself and Steve pointed to this can be a challenge.

Knowing that they actually keep it in /etc is a big point.

Jesse