[svlug] How do you boot using the tiny little Linux SD card on the PengPod 1000 ?

Marco Walther marco at sonic.net
Fri Jan 16 16:08:05 PST 2015

On 01/16/2015 03:32 PM, Don Saklad wrote:
> How do you boot using the tiny little Linux SD card on the PengPod1000 ?
> There's a rocker button and another button to the right along the top
> edge. There's a reset button on the back.
>
> Is there a) a combination?... and/or
> b) an order to use the buttons?... and/or
> c) a length of time?... holding to activate the buttons.
Usually, you boot an Android device into the bootloader by:
* Power off
* Hold VolumeDown button/rocker
* Press the PowerButton until feedback

Now you should be in the bootloader. From there it's more device
dependent:-(

Usually, you can't really boot `from SD', you would have to backup/flash
the boot image. But I don't have that tablet and it looks like
http://www.pengpod.com/ went away already:-( So I'm not sure how much
info you can still find.

Sorry,
-- Marco