[svlug] Which computer languages did Sun Microsystems leave behind?

Jesse Monroy jesse650 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 17:55:02 PST 2015

@Andrew, thanks. That's three (3) languages, and help on JS. FWIW: Sun
also did a small amount of help on BDB (Berkely DB which is the engine
for sqlite. But were off target)

@Scott, this is a NON-google search.

1) Sun Microsystem is out of business, now part of Oracle.
2) Oracle is unlikely to promote any open source idea it can't make a buck on.
3) All the sun servers of any importance are gone.

So the only way to make this list is to have old SUN people tell us.
Or have maybe someone might remember some project - like some random
VR language variant we have forgotten.

SO OUR CANDIDATES ARE:

1) Java - the one we have come to love an hate.
2) TCL/TK - http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.6/TclCmd/contents.htm (See the copyright)
3) Lua - of which I can't find the copyright at the moment
4) Self - a small talk dialect.

Anyone else?

Jesse