[svlug] Migration to Debian

Rick Moen rick at svlug.org
Tue Jan 6 18:49:35 PST 2015

Scott DuBois wrote:

> I'm going to stick with what I've got laid out through the release of the

A small thing, really, but _Jesse_ is SVLUG's friend in El Paso bearing the
French surname even though his family hails from Mexico.  (If you're ever
sitting with Jesse for a spell, ask him the story, as it's rather
interesting.)

_Jessie_ is the current Testing branch of Debian, soon to become the next
Stable branch.

The Debian Project started using the names of 'Toy Story' characters for
branch names back when Debian Project Leader Bruce Perens worked at Pixar.
Jessie in the movies was the cowgirl toy from fictional television show
'Woody's Roundup', voiced by Joan Cusack.

Do not confuse Jesse with Jessie.  Joan Cusack might become very annoyed, and I
cannot be answerable for adverse consequences.  (Based on 'Grosse Point
Blank' and 'Arlington Road', this is perhaps no small concern.)