[svlug] Migration to Debian

Rick Moen rick at svlug.org
Tue Jan 6 18:34:18 PST 2015

Scott DuBois wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion and I'll keep it in mind; maybe even try setting
> this up in a VM to see how it plays out.

Yeah, _this_.  I keep trying to float the idea of trying out interesting
distros or interesting experiments using VMs.   I think it's a very
effective way to try out variations that otherwise might risk rendering a
system unusable.  Among other things, you can keep around a known-good VM
image of an installation, and carry out your experiments on copies of that
image.  Try something, delete the copy when you're done, and nothing lost.