[svlug] Inits

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Jan 6 17:43:37 PST 2015

On Tue, 6 Jan 2015 17:35:40 -0800
Scott DuBois <rhcom.linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 12:57:07PM -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:
> >
> > On 01/05/2015 12:40 PM, Scott DuBois wrote:
> > >Oh geez, here we go. Lets take the entire discussion 'off topic'
> > >and start complaining about _who_ said _what_ on a mailing list.
> > I'll bet that the list archives win.
>
> Yeah, usually do.
>
> The problem with getting 'grumpy' with people on public accessible
> lists or forums is that eventually one feels embarrassed or
> remorseful about what they said a few years later. One individual,
> from what I hear, actually tried to remove large blocks from the
> svlug mailing list to try and have everything they said there removed
> from archive.

ROFLMAO,

I wish I could go back and remove large portions of my Debian-User
posts during the init wars.

Understand, with the information I had then, I'd probably write the
same things today: My personality hasn't changed. But with the
technical knowledge now in my possession, I cringe at what I wrote.

And of course, I was in good company: *Lots* of people were getting
down and dirty during the Debian init wars.

SteveT