[svlug] Migration to Debian

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Jan 3 08:00:28 PST 2015

On Sat, 3 Jan 2015 01:38:08 -0800
Rick Moen <rick at svlug.org> wrote:

> As you will see when/if you consult the three URLs I provided, I
> concurred with Ivan Sergio Borgonovo that Debian newcomers should
> stick to the Stable brnach for a while, while learning how things
> work.

Although I'm no longer a Debian guy, I agree with Rick and Ivan. If
you're selecting Debian (at least up to and including Wheezy), you did
so because of quality. Quality includes not crashing or doing stupid
stuff. If I didn't want boring and stable, I wouldn't have selected
Debian in the first place. I've always used Stable,  and until the
events of the last few months, loved it.

Note: Yeah, my daily driver is still Wheezy, but my next box will
probably be Manjaro, and I'm preparing for that day.

SteveT