[svlug] Migration to Debian

Rick Moen rick at svlug.org
Fri Jan 2 19:46:32 PST 2015

Scott DuBois wrote:

> To start the new year, I'm making the migration from Ubuntu to Debian
> 7 Stable.

OK.  It will be easier to give you relevant information if you give some
information about what you are trying to do / what problem you are trying to
solve.  E.g., what sort of system is this to be?  What role is it to serve?
How did you elect to set it up?  Why did you elect the 'stable' branch as
opposed to testing/unstable?

> I've never run Debian before so I may have some questions that I hope
> some might be willing to help me with.

Set the Wayback Machine for December 2004.  There's a thread in this mailing
list's archives that is still relevant.

http://lists.svlug.org/archives/svlug/2004-December/045587.html
http://lists.svlug.org/archives/svlug/2004-December/045603.html
http://lists.svlug.org/archives/svlug/2004-December/045614.html