[svlug] This mess is surely a conspiracy, my brain hurts and I don't like complexity or live long and prosper

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Thu Jan 1 15:42:01 PST 2015

On 01/01/2015 11:13 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jan 2015 18:43:58 +0100
> SOMEBODY <mail at webthatworks.it> wrote:
>

>> Complexity is unavoidable, I'd say invaluable actually.
>
> I have no idea whom to attribute the preceding statement because of the
> state of quoting in the thread, but whoever it is, their beliefs on the
> subject of complexity are certainly 180 degrees in directions and
> lightyears in amplitude different from mine.

That was just my personal attempt to rephrase Metcalfe's law considering
you've no choice other than dealing with the complexity of reality.

Occam's razor doesn't say a simpler solution is more correct than a more
complex one. It's just more manageable (and faster to falsify).

Have fun in the process.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it