[svlug] Desktop software and systems management

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Nov 20 19:55:16 PST 2014

On 11/20/2014 10:49 AM, Akkana Peck wrote:
> I wish there was a general mailing list or IRC channel for people who
> want to avoid the whole hairball, not just systemd ... where people
> discuss issues like "What really happens when you suspend and resume,
> and how can you debug that process?" or "What are the low-level steps
> you actually need in order to establish a wi-fi connection?" Such a
> community would include init system issues, but that's really a tiny
> portion of the whole problem.
Funny you should say that.  In particular I have an immediate interest
in the problems with establishing 802.11 connections with American
devices to bases listening on channels 12, 13, or 14 versus the other
(and more common in the US) lower channels (those higher channels are
commonly used outside of the US...).

-- JCL