[svlug] OMG! MS Goes Open Source

Marc MERLIN marc_news at merlins.org
Sat Nov 15 19:41:56 PST 2014

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 09:51:44PM -0800, Scott DuBois wrote:
> If it wasn't spread all over LinkedIN and at my university, I probably
> would have missed it. Summing responses show many Microsoft fans are up
> in arms as if life is over as they know it and some Linux community are
> sketchy about what the catch is.
>
> http://www.linux.com/news/featured-blogs/158-jim-zemlin/795282-microsoft-appeals-to-developers-developers-developers
>
> http://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/795366-what-does-microsofts-love-mean-for-linux

That's a move of desperation, just like they started supporting android
targets in their visual studio.

Good for them, but I sure wouldn't run after .net now anymore than
earlier. It's not like I trust them any more than before.

Maybe when they put all their patent in the non sue one another pool and
stop shaking all android/linux vendors for money on their patents, will
I begin to consider trusting them more.
Until then, why trust a company that sues over patents?

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/                         | PGP 1024R/763BE901