[svlug] X Sessions

Scott DuBois sdubois at linux.com
Fri Nov 14 21:57:48 PST 2014

On 11/14/2014 08:42 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
 Why not start exactly the things you _want_ to run, a la carte,
> cherry-picking the apps you most like without any particular regard for
> which DE (if any) they are generally bundled with?
>
> Anyway, sooner or later, you'll probably get tired of relying on startx
> following console login, and will switch to lauching your graphical setup of
> choice from an X Display Manager   When you do, don't forget that there's a
> rich array of choices available there, too:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_display_manager_(program_type)#Some_implementations

My word, then I would be you!
(except follically challenged)

The scary part is that I've been thinking about it in all seriousness.
Just ditch the whole DE and start with a scratch server and go from there.

--
Scott DuBois BSIT
President EBLUG