[svlug] X Sessions

Marco Walther marco at sonic.net
Thu Nov 13 19:59:40 PST 2014

On 11/13/2014 07:43 PM, Scott DuBois wrote:
> On 11/13/2014 07:30 PM, Jesse Monroy wrote:
>> Scott,
>> Sure,if you are using VirtualBox. But your
>> inital description says nothing about running
>> a VM (Vitual Machine).
> No, I'm not, but isn't he simply running an OS in VBox? Why would the
> results be any different in VBox then on bare metal? Hell, I have
> Kubuntu mounted in VBox. I'll check and see if that works and get back
> to you.
>
> In the meantime, check this out.
>
> http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Xorg/Configuration/en

I just tried it with my laptop and it worked as expected. Running
Kubuntu 14.04 with the binary NVidia driver, my normal display lives on
vt7. Logging in @ vt2:/dev/tty2 and doing a startx :1 got me a complete
new session (with my normal user). The DISPLAY environment there was :1
as expected.

-- Marco