[svlug] HTTPD Config Settings

Jesse Monroy jesse650 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 13:53:01 PST 2014

Scott,
I'm currently working on a simple Google API App
that gets a zipcode from their geocoding.
Using 'curl' proved what I need to do in minutes.

Since it returns JSON, I decided to rewrite it
in Python. I NOTE under:
https://docs.python.org/2/library/urllib.html

"""
 class urllib.FancyURLopener(...)
FancyURLopener subclasses URLopener providing default handling for the
following HTTP response codes: 301, 302, 303, 307 and 401. For the 30x
response codes listed above, the Location header is used to fetch the
actual URL. For 401 response codes (authentication required), basic
HTTP authentication is performed. For the 30x response codes,
recursion is bounded by the value of the maxtries attribute, which
defaults to 10.

For all other response codes, the method http_error_default() is
called which you can override in subclasses to handle the error
appropriately.
"""

Let me know if this is helpful.
Jesse