[svlug] HTTPD Config Settings

DuBois, Scott sdubois at linux.com
Tue Nov 11 22:16:30 PST 2014

So lately I've been doing a bunch of HTTPD configuration practices using
AWS as a platform going from Ubuntu to SUSE and Red Hat setting up Apache
and CGI capabilities on each. What are some of the other settings I could
practice on an HTTPD server that are fairly common? Since these are simple
VM instances, I don't think I can build multiple hosts to varying IP
addresses so I need some ideas thrown at me.

Also, since I'm trashing these instances after I get them configured, it'
not like I want to spend a ton of time on each. Just get them up and
working, take a screenshot, kill it and repeat. Practice.