[svlug] Cool Diff for GUI

Scott DuBois sdubois at linux.com
Tue Nov 11 09:12:07 PST 2014

On 11/11/2014 08:01 AM, Akkana Peck wrote:
>> An older tool, but also solid, predictable and good at what it does.
>
> I used meld for a while, but switched back to tkdiff recently for my
> git difftool default.  Meld has been super flaky in recent Debian
> updates, and sometimes it takes several minutes to start up (even on
> small files); or it randomly decides to start up in a huge or tiny
> font or with a tiny window size instead of its usual defaults. Meld is
> great when it works, so I still use it now and then for merging files.

Well, I have to admit I feel slightly embarrassed as the file compare
function works well on my system but everything else makes it crash. I'm
inclined to try some others but the functionality is pretty cool. I like
the way it highlights the lines and shows the "actual" differences
between the files.

--
Scott DuBois BSIT
President EBLUG