[svlug] Cool Diff for GUI

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Tue Nov 11 08:01:00 PST 2014

JC Lawrence writes:
> I remain fond of TkDiff:
>
> 	http://sourceforge.net/projects/tkdiff/
>
> An older tool, but also solid, predictable and good at what it does.

I used meld for a while, but switched back to tkdiff recently for my
git difftool default.  Meld has been super flaky in recent Debian
updates, and sometimes it takes several minutes to start up (even on
small files); or it randomly decides to start up in a huge or tiny
font or with a tiny window size instead of its usual defaults. Meld is
great when it works, so I still use it now and then for merging files.

        ...Akkana