[svlug] Files That Will Not Delete

Scottix scottix at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 10:38:06 PST 2014

As stated twice now
>> With SpinRite, all we have is vague marketing materials and Gibson's surrounding aerosol of handwavium.
Slime Ball marketing person. [check]

So, I guess we both have that problem of carelessly reading mailing lists.

Maybe our concept of vague and handwavium is different, I don't know,
I don't care now.

Anyway I am done, I think we killed it, communication is hard.

Peace

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 9:38 AM, Rick Moen <rick at svlug.org> wrote:
> Scottix wrote:
>
>> I think your description of him made him look like a slime ball marketing
>> person which explains nothing [...]
>
> I'm glad to clarify that I neither stated nor implied said view, and at your
> leisure you might consider re-reading what I actually did say, which was
> rather more nuanced.  Or not.
>
> It's the Internet, so, if you cannot be misinformed and indulge a tendency
> to read carelessly on mailing lists, where _could_ you do so?  Wave that
> flag proudly, sir.
>
>> It really comes down to a matter of who we trust. Also as we learned from
>> heartbleed, yes code can be open and there are benefits to it being open
>> but that does not mean it has been painstakingly audited.
>
> Is it Bromide Week, and I just didn't get the memo?
>
>> I guess my point is just turning on your computer is running black box
>> software / hardware.
>
> A small furry beast with a tag on its caller saying 'Matter of Degree'
> is pawing at your door, requesting entrance.
>
> Ta!
>
> --
> QA Engineer walks into a bar.  Orders a beer.  Orders 0 beers.  Orders
> 999999999 beers.  Orders a lizard.  Orders -1 beers.  Orders a sfdeljknesv.
> Orders ; Drop table beers.  Pentester orders <script>alert(1);</script> beers.
>                                       -- @sempf, @apetresc, and @psiinon

Follow Me: @Taijutsun
Scottix at Gmail.com