[svlug] Files That Will Not Delete

Rick Moen rick at svlug.org
Thu Nov 6 09:38:50 PST 2014

Scottix wrote:

> I think your description of him made him look like a slime ball marketing
> person which explains nothing [...]

I'm glad to clarify that I neither stated nor implied said view, and at your
leisure you might consider re-reading what I actually did say, which was
rather more nuanced.  Or not.

It's the Internet, so, if you cannot be misinformed and indulge a tendency
to read carelessly on mailing lists, where _could_ you do so?  Wave that
flag proudly, sir.

> It really comes down to a matter of who we trust. Also as we learned from
> heartbleed, yes code can be open and there are benefits to it being open
> but that does not mean it has been painstakingly audited.

Is it Bromide Week, and I just didn't get the memo?

> I guess my point is just turning on your computer is running black box
> software / hardware.

A small furry beast with a tag on its caller saying 'Matter of Degree'
is pawing at your door, requesting entrance.

Ta!

--
QA Engineer walks into a bar.  Orders a beer.  Orders 0 beers.  Orders
999999999 beers.  Orders a lizard.  Orders -1 beers.  Orders a sfdeljknesv.