[svlug] Files That Will Not Delete

Scottix scottix at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 09:40:27 PST 2014

Good response, but I think your description of him made him look like
a slime ball marketing person which explains nothing, which is why I
included the word dubious. I guess my point is just turning on your
computer is running black box software / hardware. It really comes
down to a matter of who we trust.

Also as we learned from heartbleed, yes code can be open and there are
benefits to it being open but that does not mean it has been
painstakingly audited. In a perfect open world of hardware and
software, it would be great, but that is not reality unfortunately.

Have Fun =) As I question to click the black box travelblog link. HAHA

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 9:06 AM, Rick Moen <rick at svlug.org> wrote:
> Scottix wrote:
>
>> Have you looked at the site and documentation
>> https://www.grc.com/spinrite.htm I mean it explains in major detail and
>> you could probably create your own version based on the documentation
>> presented https://www.grc.com/files/technote.pdf Plus a podcast where
>> every week he explains a little bit here and there.
>
> {shrug}  Our standards for 'major detail' possibly differ.  The best Steve
> provides about current releases is https://www.grc.com/files/technote.pdf ,
> which certainly beats a kick in the pants, and I do recommend the 19-page
> 'tech note' for those interested.
>
>> To call him dubious I think is a little unfair.
>
> I did not call Mr. Gibson dubious (but I hope you had fun pummeling the hay
> figurine).  Me, I'm going to be getting my exercise snorkeling.  ;->
> (Pretty good view from atop this pointy object, but the alleged trail is
> less a 'hike' than it is a 790 metre scramble up basalt rocks:
> https://www.travelblog.org/Photos/512143 )
>
> --
> QA Engineer walks into a bar.  Orders a beer.  Orders 0 beers.  Orders
> 999999999 beers.  Orders a lizard.  Orders -1 beers.  Orders a sfdeljknesv.
> Orders ; Drop table beers.  Pentester orders <script>alert(1);</script> beers.
>                                       -- @sempf, @apetresc, and @psiinon

Follow Me: @Taijutsun
Scottix at Gmail.com