[svlug] Your Wonderful ISP

Mark Weisler mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Sun Nov 2 18:34:59 PST 2014

On Nov 2, 2014, at 2:21 PM, Scott DuBois wrote:

> Just caught this after catching a link about Comcast field service
> people stalking their customers. Apparently the video below went viral
> and spurred a major apology from corporate. However, Comcast CSR's claim
> they are _required_ to use any means to keep customers as they are paid
> by commission based on new contracts and retention tactics.
>
> http://youtu.be/yYUvpYE99vg
>
> After working for a major ISP for some time, I think they're all creepy.
> --
> Scott DuBois BSIT
> President EBLUG
> Freenode: Roguehorse

My experience with Comcast, 11 years ago, was very bad.
I declined to give a reason why I was canceling their service but the reason was that I was switching to Raw Bandwidth with whom I have been happy since.

"The only consumer survey that matters has found that among all businesses across every industry, Comcast and Time Warner Cable are the two most hated companies in America. "
So says...
http://bgr.com/2014/05/20/comcast-twc-customer-satisfaction-survey-study/
--
Mark Weisler