[svlug] [svlug-announce] SVLUG Nov. 5th meeting: James Taylor on Puppet: In The Beginning (There Was Darkness)

Rick Moen rick at svlug.org
Sun Nov 2 14:53:21 PST 2014

WHEN:

   Wednesday, Nov. 5th, 2014
   7pm-9pm

MAIN PRESENTATION

  TOPIC: Puppet: In The Beginning (There Was Darkness)

  PRESENTED BY:
    James Taylor,
    System Administrator

  TOPIC SUMMARY:
    This is an introduction to Puppet (open-source configuration-management
    software) from someone who is not a Puppet Labs spokesbeing. The presenter
    says he will will also detail some basic structures that allow a systems
    administrator to put multiple machines into a simple production environment,
    within _minutes_ of running the Puppet agent.

  ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
    James Taylor is is a systems administrator who has worked for multiple
    companies here in the Valley. In his current role at Qualcomm, he is using
    Puppet everyday in order to automate computer builds for various functions.

  LOCATION:

    Symantec
    VCAFE Facility
    350 Ellis Street (near E. Middlefield Road)
    Mountain View, CA 94043

    http://www.svlug.org/directions/veritas.php

  webmaster at svlug.org

POST-MEETING GATHERING:

  restaurant/diner after the meeting:  Frankie, Johnnie & Luigi, Too,
  939 West El Camino Real between Shoreline and Castro, Mountain View.

We look forward to seeing you there!