[svlug] Files That Will Not Delete

Scott DuBois sdubois at linux.com
Sun Nov 2 10:24:30 PST 2014

On 11/02/2014 09:04 AM, Steve Litt wrote:

> This reminds me of the following incidents that happened to me:
>
> http://troubleshooters.com/tpromag/200504/200504.htm#_Relapse_The_Persistent_Intermittent
>
> http://troubleshooters.com/tpromag/200504/200504.htm#_The_Keyboard_Assaulted_the_Computer

Great stories Steve! Thank you for sharing these.

When I was working for the laser optics company, we had to apply liberal
amounts of WD40 to the contacts on the production machines as the mist
from lubricated grinding of the optics would produce a highly oxidizing
layer that would get into control panels and cause intermittent
operational problems.

Sometimes I forget about my computer connections as it's in the house,
clean, and the vibrations from moving drives is rather minute in
comparison to my experience of other applications such as automobiles or
fabrication equipment.

I wonder if people who have _all_ SSD systems relieve themselves from
such concerns?

--
Scott DuBois BSIT
President EBLUG