[svlug] [svlug-announce] SVLUG September 4th meeting: Krishna Raman on Red Hat's OpenShift --Tonight--

Mark Weisler mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Wed Sep 4 06:56:20 PDT 2013

WHEN:

  Wednesday, September 4th, 2013
  7pm-9pm

MAIN PRESENTATION

TOPIC:  Red Hat's OpenShift Origin Project

PRESENTED BY:
 Krishna Raman

TOPIC SUMMARY:
  OpenShift Origin is a Platform as a Service (PaaS) which provides an application development and hosting platform that automates the provisioning, management and scaling of applications so that you can focus
  on writing the   code for your business, instead of spending time setting up the stack.

  Krishna will give us a dive deep into Origin's internals and architecture. Topics covered include a platform overview of the role Brokers and Cartridges play.
  We will examine OpenShift's application containers called "Gears" and "Nodes." Finally, we'll look at how some new kernel technologies like network,
  and pid namespaces are going to be used in OpenShift to provide additional isolation for gears.

ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
  Krishna Raman is the community development lead for the OpenShift Origin project.

LOCATION:

 Symantec
 VCAFE Facility
 350 Ellis Street (near E. Middlefield Road)
 Mountain View, CA 94043

 http://www.svlug.org/directions/veritas.php

webmaster at svlug.org

POST-MEETING GATHERING:

restaurant/diner after the meeting:  Frankie, Johnnie & Luigi, Too,
939 West El Camino Real between Shoreline and Castro, Mountain View.

We look forward to seeing you there!
--
Mark Weisler
PGP Key ID 68E462B6