[svlug] Let's get small!

Shlomi Fish shlomif at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 12:32:49 PST 2012

Hi Rick,

sorry for the late response.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 5:26 AM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> I've updated http://linuxmafia.com/bale/other.html#valinux to
> reflect the latest news about Geeknet, the firm formerly
> known as SourceForge, Inc., VA Software Corporation, VA Linux Systems,
> Inc., VA Research, Inc., and the Fintronic Linux Systems division of
> Fintronic USA, Inc. -- longtime sponsor of SVLUG and employer to and
> many of us-all.
>
> The news is that Geeknet recently sold its SourceForge, Slashdot, and
> Freecode[1] Web properties to Dice.  That leaves former Andover.net
> property Thinkgeek as the last company remnant.
>
> (Well, unless you count http://www.valinux.co.jp/ .)
>
> [1] Freecode is what used to be Freshmeat, though during a site makeover
> most of the formerly useful contents and commentary were thrown away.

Can you please tell which contents and commentary are those? Are they
something like this:

http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/GNU-Visual-Basic/GNU-Visual-Basic.html

(an April Fools' Day feature that I recalled that is no longer there,
and which I mirrored after getting a copy from a Freshmeat.net
editor.).

Thanks!

-- Shlomi Fish