[svlug] OpenOffice question - howto delete and/or change an entry in the index?

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Wed Jul 18 12:19:08 PDT 2012

Steve,

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> And if you DO leave Word, I'd highly recommend LyX. Of all the books
> I've written (http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore/index.htm), all
> but "Troubleshooting: Tools, Tips and Techniques" and "Rapid Learning:
> Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist) were written with LyX.
> Two of the LyX authored books were over 100K words and over 300 pages.
> And recently, I used LyX to write a Kindle book
> (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006QTBLA2/). I had to write some scripts to
> convert it, but it wasn't too hard.
>
> With LyX, adding, changing and deleting index entries is just a matter
> of simple to insert codes, and I put all my sees and seealsos in a
> separate file.
>
> Thanks
>
> SteveT

I work as a consultant for someone who, among other things publishes
books. He uses LaTeX - so I am used to the flexiblity of LaTeX for
tagging entries in the index.

I offered to index the book I'm indexing, since it did not have an
index. I was not involved in the decision of what to use to write the
book.

Darlene Wallach
--
equal justice under law