[svlug] Lightweight Portable Security (LPS) on USB stick for Linux?

John Conover conover at rahul.net
Fri Sep 30 14:43:58 PDT 2011

Jeff Shippen writes:
> On 9/30/2011 10:36 AM, John Conover wrote:
> > According to:
> >
> >      http://www.spi.dod.mil/lipose.htm
> >
> > there is only a MS Windows installer for the CD ISO to a USB stick.
> >
> > Is there a way for Linux?
> >
> >      Thanks,
> >
> >      John
> >
> Update: After re-reading this and looking at their site... the pendrive
> website will probably accomplish what  you are looking for.

Well, unless there is something I missed, (which is a chronic
condition at my age,) to install the LPS ISO on a pen drive, boot to
MS Windows, (auto)mount the CD and pen drive, and run the Windows
batchfile on the CD. Its fine if you have a Windows box around.

I don't know if the Ubuntu "Install from CD to Pen Drive," (seems that
I've seen that before, someplace,) will work, or not-I think maybe its
Ubuntu specific.

    John

--

John Conover, conover at rahul.net, http://www.johncon.com/