[svlug] Solaris Family Reunion

Mehma Sarja mehmasarja at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 11:46:14 PDT 2011

Hi SVLUG-ers,

The following is a message from Deirdre Straughan of joyent.com
encouraging participation in a local (San Francisco) Unix event.
Although I don't imbibe, I saw something about beer in the text below.
As of noon Friday they have 38 free tickets available at
http://smartos.eventbrite.com/

Yudhvir
===

There's been a lot of news in the past few months about the progeny of
Solaris: Illumos, SmartOS, OpenIndiana, and the forthcoming Oracle
Solaris 11. Since many of our old friends/colleagues will be in town for
Oracle Open World, we of the Illumos / SmartOS / OI community thought it
would be a nice opportunity to get together, hoist a few beers, talk
about old times, and maybe share our visions of the future.

Prospective new family members and others interested in what's happening
with SmartOS are of course very welcome!

Please join us:

Tuesday, Oct 4th

6 pm for beer and snacks

at