[svlug] Fwd:

Irish irish.masms at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 16:09:28 PST 2011

Interesting the different spamvertised domain.

Let's parse the web page then:
Oh look, IIRC the same pharma spam?

Looks like another compromised web site redirecting to pharma spammers
- though registered in Poland, IP located in France:

Sorry folks, I do this sort of analysis for a living - hard habit to break. :)

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 1:39 AM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Quoting Jim MacKelvey (jimbmac777 at netscape.net):
>> [Another spamvertised URL snipped]
> Sorry, folks.  I should explain.  This guy Jim actually has _three_ very
> similar e-mail addresses subscribed to svlug at lists.svlug.org:  one at
> Comcast, one at GMail, and one at netscape.net.  I accidentally limited
> the posting ability of the wrong one, the other day.  I've just fixed my
> oversight and (again) rebuilt the mailing list archives to omit the
> spam.

Timothy G. O'Brien, CISSP, NSA-IAM

Irish dot MASMS at gmail dot com

[snipped - FAQ for email trimming:
Discussion Groups: http://www.hoax-slayer.com/discussion-groups.html
Discussion List Etiquette: http://www.acfichapter.com/subscribe.htm
Properly Formatted Email Replies for the Lazy:
Mailing List Etiquette FAQ:
RFC 1855: Netiquette Guidelines:
Miss Mailers Answers Your Questions on Mailing Lists:

and of course the all knowing Google:

Pro Tip- This is the internet son, if you ain't got the right armor;
all the flames will fuck up your day.

A: No.
Q: Should I include e-mail quotations after my reply?
An often repeated quote on news.admin.net-abuse.email:
<I>"Spam is not about content, it is about consent".</i>