[svlug] Boxbe and mailing lists

Bill Ward bill at wards.net
Tue Jun 28 08:53:08 PDT 2011

I recently sent a message to the svlug mailing list, and got this in
response. Apparently one of the subscribers, dhanawindow at gmail.com, uses
this service to screen his/her email for spam. However I find it incredibly
rude to do so when you're on a mailing list. Forcing each person who posts
to the mailing list to jump through hoops to deliver it to one subscriber is
a bit much, especially since this user is on gmail which already has
excellent spam filters.

Don't make your need to avoid spam other people's problem. If you use this
boxbe service, turn it off for mailing list mail or don't subscribe to
mailing lists.