[svlug] Probable spamhaus domain: apotmail.com

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jun 1 15:00:32 PDT 2011

Quoting Bill Ward (bill at wards.net):

> Another big use of accounts like this is to slurp up content for putting ads
> next to on the web.

That's another possibility, thanks.  And I should add, when I say
'patterns', I mean more than just the one or two things I mentioned, but
I'd rather not detail all of the signs involved on an open mailing list.

Anyway, zeusmail.org seems to be the oldest of the domains being used
exclusively for such purposes, so you can find the most speculation on
the Internet about it.  apotmail.com appears to be brand-new.