[svlug] [svlug-announce] SVLUG June 1st meeting: John Masci and Alan Weisenburger on ATA over Ethernet Technology, Solving the Storage Problem

Mehma Sarja mehmasarja at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 08:10:56 PDT 2011

On 5/31/11 9:47 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> WHEN:
>
>    Wednesday, May June 1st, 2011
>    7pm-9pm
>

> MAIN PRESENTATION
>
>    TOPIC:
>      ATA over Ethernet Technology, Solving the Storage Problem
>
>    PRESENTED BY:
>      John Masci and Alan Weisenburger, CORAID
>
>    TOPIC SUMMARY:
>      ATA over Ethernet (AoE) is a network protocol designed for simple,
>      high-performance access of SATA storage devices over Ethernet
>      networks.  It is used to build storage area networks (SANs) with
>      low-cost, standard technologies.
>
>      Learn about a new storage infrastructure that eliminates bottlenecks
>      such as costly controllers, addresses the right user requirement
>      with the right disk solution, and can scale to Petabytes using the
>      same platform, with linear scaling cost and performance.
>

>    ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
>      John Masci is a Solutions Engineer with Coraid. He has worked as a
>      Sr. Solutions Engineer at EMC and was an integral part in the
>      development of VCE, the joint venture between VMware, Cisco, and EMC.
>
> LOCATION:
>
>    Symantec
>    VCAFE Facility
>    350 Ellis Street (near E. Middlefield Road)
>    Mountain View, CA 94043
>
>    Directions on how to get there are listed at:
>
>      http://www.svlug.org/directions/veritas.php
>
>    We've tried our very best for these directions to be accurate.
>    If you have any improvements to make, please let SVLUG's volunteers know!
>    webmaster at svlug.org
>
> POST-MEETING GATHERING:
>
>    If you just can't get enough, a smaller group usually goes to a local
>    restaurant/diner after the meeting:  Frankie, Johnnie&  Luigi, Too,
>    939 West El Camino Real between Shoreline and Castro, Mountain View.
>
> We look forward to seeing you there!

Rick, et all,

Sorry for the confusion Rick, and - this applies to you - in keeping
with the "no good deed goes unpunished" creed, our speaker is not John
Masci, but Robert:

Robert Przykucki is the director of product management at Coraid, and
oversees the entire product line. Rob has been in the storage industry
for 10 years most recently at NetApp, and prior to that he was a
hardware engineer designing SAN networking switches.  Rob brings a
unique perspective of networking, storage, and virtual computing.

John "had to leave town for a few days" and I am guessing this is not
what it sounds like. Received the message yesterday and forwarded it to
the volunteers list. Shoulda changed the subject line.

Yudhvir