[svlug] MySQL

Micah Cowan micah at cowan.name
Thu Feb 24 13:06:11 PST 2011

On 02/24/2011 01:00 PM, Amir Hejazi wrote:
> Hi Micah,
> Thanks for the quick response but the only pull down with a choice of "source code" and that's for platform(e.g. Linux) not for mysql, as you know I need source code of mysql.

Don't be silly. The pulldown obviously doesn't mean that you're choosing
the source code of "Linux". If you select the "source code" "Platform",
the downloadable packages displayed are all source code packages,
including both source RPMs and tarballs.

Though I do find it interesting that all of these source packages are
described as being for "Linux" (even the "Generic, arch independent
one"). Where are the sources for "Solaris", etc? I assume the source
packages may be lying, that they're really generic sources. But I don't
know. Anyway, I'm assuming you want the sources _of_ mysql, _for_ Linux,
in which case, that's what you get if you follow the simple step I
indicated.

--
Micah J. Cowan
http://micah.cowan.name/