[svlug] How to remove Apache httpd from CentOS 5.3

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Feb 11 15:01:58 PST 2011

Quoting Amir Hejazi <shirlinux at gmail.com>:

> Can someone please instruct me to remove Apache package from newly
> installed CentOs 5.3 , need to in stall new version of Apache and
> Nagios.

Either of these command strings should suffice:

yum remove httpd
rpm -e httpd

Be aware that both of those command formulations implicitly remove any
page with a dependency on Apache httpd.  If you want to remove but
ignore dependencies when doing so, 'rpm' (but not, to my knowledge, yum)
has an option to do so:

rpm -e --nodeps httpd

--
Rick Moen                    "So, this SEO copywriter walks into a bar, grill,
rick at linuxmafia.com          pub, public house, Irish bar, bartender, drinks,