[svlug] Slides, lecture notes

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Feb 5 15:19:45 PST 2011

Quoting Larry Platzek (larryp at inow.com):

> Rick, Why not also have notes/slides from speakers on the prior speaker's
> page?

As you'll see on http://www.svlug.org/prevmeet.php , we've sometimes
done that albeit not lately -- I suspect, primarily when the speaker has
given us a copy of his/her slides in advance.

The thing is, that almost never happens.  Instead, we typically hear
about / get a copy of the slides after the talk, so it gets reported in
the 'SVLUG News' feature on the Web site front page, at that time.

> I for one had looked for several days before meeting ad even early
> afternoon of meeting but nothing there to preview.

Well, you'll want to also look at SVLUG News, then.

Speaking of which, as a reminder, the site navbar's 'News' item takes
you to a page of all SVLUG News items (not just recent ones) going back
to 1997, http://www.svlug.org/news.php

Anyway, it would be good to get your help maintaining and improving the
site.  Send mail to volunteers at lists.svlug.org, and we'll get you set up
with a shell account.

--
Rick Moen                    "Celebrities promoting alt-med therapies should
rick at linuxmafia.com          be listed in descending order of deaths caused."