[svlug] Weird fan sounds

Daevid Vincent daevid at daevid.com
Mon Aug 22 16:28:16 PDT 2011

>> I don't know if it's even possible to replace the fan,
>> this is just a cheapo E-Machines PC not one I assembled from parts...

I'm pretty certain you can find a replacement fan for it.
These aren't the kinds of "proprietary" things computer vendors spend their
time re-inventing.

You might have to find the right size fan and then snip your existing
connector and twist/sodder the wires together, but it shouldn't be difficult
at all. The hardest part will be GETTING to the fan probably -- tearing out
everything in order to access it. I know I had a Dell Inspiron 8200 and the
fan was like $15 off ebay, but it took me a good hour or more to disassemble
the notebook computer as the fan isn't something that generally goes bad or
needs "user servicing".

Is this it?
http://downloads.emachines.com/service_docs/nexgen2_CPUFan_a.pdf

otherwise, the Google's will no doubt find your answer:
http://www.google.com/search?q=E-Machines+PC+fan+replacement