[svlug] firefox plug-ins: TACO any issue I forgot?

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Tue Aug 16 07:21:14 PDT 2011

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 06:29:28 -0700

>     Unbelievable how this very good Add-on (TACO 2.0) could fall
> so deep. The new version (3.0.x) is a nightmare. It's bloated (up
> to 3MB), slow and has a terrible Preference-dialog (more like a
> christmas tree).

I wouldn't mind wasting 3MB of my HD and I think I won't have to
look at the GUI more than one time. But firefox is slow enough for
me right now I don't want to make it slower.

> http://jmhobbs.github.com/beef-taco/

Unfortunately it still say "Not available for Firefox 6.0"

But there has been recent commit on
https://github.com/jmhobbs/beef-taco
So I'd just have to put a reminder on my agenda to check later.

While firefox checks for installed plug-in updates, once a plug-in
becomes unsupported by a newer version I doubt I'll get a reminder.
I couldn't see any rss, newsletter, whatever on any of the sites.

This made me wonder if there is a debian package that "smartly"
monitor web page changes and report by email.
I'm not in the mood to write the usual 3 lines of code that will be
forgotten in my /usr/local/bin for years.

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it