[svlug] Chinese Domain Name?

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Tue Sep 28 01:36:51 PDT 2010

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 21:58:10 -0700
conover at rahul.net (John Conover) wrote:

> I own the domain johncon.com, (registered through NetSol in 1992.)

> I just got notified by a Chinese domain registrar that someone had
> applied for johncon.com.cn, etc.

> Is that going to be a problem for me if I let them register the
> ".cn" domain names?

Scam. I think they are trying to convince you to buy it.
I've a collection of these sort of email, dating back at least 4
years ago, maybe more.

I think I've been collecting more of such emails than the average
"western" netizen since part of the domains I manage contain Chinese
text and part of the email correspondence getting out of some of
them is in Chinese.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it