[svlug] sending fake UI events to a window in X

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed Sep 15 18:16:24 PDT 2010

I've an XP virtual machine in VirtualBox on my Linux laptop. For a
number of reasons, I can't change the screensaver config within XP, so
it keeps popping up after XX minutes of inactivity.

I'm currently trying to figure out if there's a way to send trivial
no-op user interface events ("mouse has moved 1 px up and back", "CTRL
key has been pressed/depressed") through VirtualBox to the guest, but in
case that doesn't work they way I hope it does - is there a way to
programatically generate such events and attach them to a window in X
Windows?

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/