[svlug] Ubuntu, LAM and photo sharing site

Ehud Kaldor ehud.kaldor at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 08:18:24 PDT 2010

Hi all,
Looking for some advice and opinion. I have a couple of old laptops that I
put ubuntu 4.10 on, with the intent of running a home server on, with
clustering. After reading some, decided to go with LAM/MPI as the basis, but
after installing, I can't find how to run things on it and what can run. For
example: can LAMEXEC run a virtualbox instance that would share resources
across? And how do you assign it with ip and storage?

Also, I am looking for recommendation for a photo sharing site I can run on
it. The only one I know is gallery.

Thanks,
Ehud