[svlug] How to sign a shell script?

Peter van der Linden pvdl at afu.com
Sat Sep 4 14:42:03 PDT 2010

Just treat it like an arbitrary text file, Bob.   There's a good  tutorial here:
   http://www.lugod.org/presentations/pgp/software.html
You can bundle the signature into the file, or keep it separate.  Both ways are explained.

Another thing you could do is encrypt the file using your private key, and let users decrypt it with your public key.   If the decrypted result is a shell file, then it came from you.  (Or, more accurately, it was encrypted with your private key).

Cheers,

   Peter